Today’s Writer’s Blog Hop topic: “Character Sketch of My Hero” made me stop and think. What hero did Ruth Snyder, who organized this meme, have in mind?
– The hero character of a book or story I’m writing?
– My real-life hero?
– My heroic ideal?
I’ve decided to write about the hero that ignites my imagination—my ideal. I’m going to create this hero from a montage of heroic women that live in my favorite book—the Bible, picking out characteristics of each that I admire and would like to develop.
My Bible Character hero has:
- The age-defying inner and outer beauty of Sarai (Sarah) – Genesis 12:11; 1 Peter 3:1-6.
- The willingness to risk of Rahab – Joshua 2:1-21.
- The loyalty of Ruth – Ruth 1:16.
- The prayer tenacity of Hannah, and then her integrity when it comes to keeping promises – 1 Samuel 1:10-11; 24-28.
- The business drive and versatility of the Proverbs woman, along with her wise speech, governed by kindness – Proverbs 31:10-30.
- The death-defying faith in God of Esther, together with her charm and sense of timing – Esther 4:16; 5:4, 6-8.
- The hospitality of Martha , and the quietness of spirit to sit at Jesus’ feet of her sister Mary – Luke 10:38-42.
- The practical helpfulness and service of Dorcas – Acts 9:36,39.
- And above all, the willingness to say “yes” to whatever God asks of me, lived out so beautifully by Mary the mother of Jesus – Luke 1:38.
Who is your hero?
To see who other writers are naming as their hero, check out the links at today’s blog hop headquarters: HERE.