I’m an author, freelance writer, and poet whose special interests are:
– writing non-fiction, fiction, activities, and poetry for CHILDREN
– writing articles, book reviews, devotionals, and poetry for ADULTS
Click on the tabs above to see samples of my work.
I am also a Blogger
Here at violetnesdoly.com I blog only occasionally. So as not to miss a post subscribe, upper right-hand sidebar .
I blog about
- Bible journaling. (I also post Bible journaling pics on Instagram … HERE)
- Books. Read reviews of books I’ve read.
- Tips and inspiration for writers and artists.
Other places I blog:
- Violet Nesdoly / poems: A portfolio of mostly original poems and some poetry book reviews. Updated about once a month.
- Other Food: daily devos: (Still online but no longer being updated.) Daily devotions for adults–active from 2010 through 2018.
- Bible Drive-Thru: (Still online but not recycled since 2017.) Daily Bible based devotions for kids in Grades 3-6. Read exciting stories from the Bible. Sample every Bible book in one year!
Sign up for my occasional newsletter (lists of recommended books, Bible study tips and news) HERE.
If I can help you with your writing needs, contact me.
Author of Destiny’s Hands (Word Alive Press, June 2012) – Biblical fiction that plunges readers into the exodus story.
Day to day:
My husband and I live in metro Vancouver, BC. One of our favorite places is our home church Christian Life Assembly in Langley B.C.
Our adult children are living on their own and we have two grandsons and three granddaughters–a wonderful excuse to keep buying kids’ books and toys.
Besides writing I enjoy nature and bird watching – with camera in hand of course – traveling and reading (Amazon.ca is getting rich on me).
In 2017 I discovered Bible Art Journaling and my interest in drawing and painting was re-ignited. In late 2019 I began a sketch journal in which I make an entry almost every day. My sketch journal has its own Instagram account HERE.
Just the facts:
– After high school, attended and graduated from Bethany Bible Institute (Hepburn Sask., now called Bethany College – Mennonite Brethren). My gratis there as one of the breakfast oatmeal porridge cooks fit right in with my early rising habits
– Graduate of UBC, Vancouver, B.C., earning a B.Ed. Would you believe I often hitch-hiked to and from my room off campus. It was, after all, the early ’70s.
– Five years of public school teaching – elementary grades. I taught a variety of grades: one, two, five, and seven.
– Graduate of the Institute of Children’s Literature course “Writing for Children and Teens” and “Beyond the Basics.” Thank you, ICL for making manuscript submission an assignment, and drumming in the need for perseverance in the face of rejection.
– Attended church for as long as I can remember. Started out in the Mennonite Brethren Church in Dalmeny, Saskatchewan (still remember those yummy Thanksgiving lunches and potzelky feasts on New Year’s Eve), then Christian and Missionary Alliance Churches in both Saskatoon, Sask. and Surrey, B.C. for a total of 25 years (and I have a collection of A. W. Tozer books to prove it).
– Freelance writer since 1997 with over 100 articles, book reviews, stories, devotionals, poems, and activities published in print and online.
– My first novel, Destiny’s Hands (fiction based on Bible events and characters), was released in June 2012. It was a finalist in the Historical Novel category of the 2013 Word Awards.
– Writing organizations of which I am a member: