October 8 – November 24, 2021
- Two paintings (“Oregon Grape” and “Rosehip Line Dance”) are accepted into the artSpacific show, an annual BC-Wide juried exhibition sponsored by the Langley Arts Council. They are on view at the AIFS Online Gallery and in person at the Aldergrove Kinsmen Community centre Main Hall Gallery (26770 – 29th Ave., Aldergrove BC) for the duration of the show.
September 8 – October 25, 2021
- The watercolor “Salal Berries” is part of the Seniors Exhibition and Sale, sponsored by the Langley Arts Council. It can be viewed at the AIFS Online Gallery and in person at the Timms Community centre Walkway Gallery (20399 Douglas Crescent, Langley BC) for the duration of the show.
- Under the Cloud is shortlisted in The Word Awards (Historical Fiction Category). It does not win.
- I open an online shop at the Pacific Arts Market (which is an amazing bricks-and-mortar market selling local BC and Canadian art at 1448 & 1450 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC).
April – May 2021
- My painting “Persimmon Fall” is part of the online show and sale “Looking Back, Moving Forward” sponsored by the Langley Arts Council.
- The paintings “Love Apples” and “Rainbow Carrots” are part of the “Celebrating Arts and Culture” virtual exhibition and sale sponsored by the Langley Arts Council.
- I complete my second year of doing art every day.
- I open my online store Violet Nesdoly Art on Etsy. There you will find original art, original & printed art cards, and digital images to download.
- I enroll in the Billy Showell School of Botanical Art.
- I publish my novel Under the Cloud, a sequel to Destiny’s Hands (Bible fiction novels that retell the Old Testament story of the Israelite exodus from Egypt to the Promised Land).
- The Covid-19 virus begins to spread and life as we know it goes on Pause.
- I open a shop on Redbubble. There you can purchase a variety of products printed with my art.
- I complete one year of a daily art practice.
- I take part in a Christmas craft sale, where I sell wall art along with original and printed cards.
- I begin a practice of doing daily art in an attempt to improve my ability to draw and paint.
- I open a second Instagram account (vi_nez.daydraws) where share my daily journal drawings and other art projects.
January to December 2018
- I continue to enjoy Bible journaling, completing 56 more Bible journaling entries.
- I join Instagram (vi_nez).
- I received my contributors copy of Adam, Eve, and the Riders of the Apocalypse: 39 Contemporary Poets on the Characters of the Bible, a Wipf and Stock anthology edited by D. S, Martin. I have two poems in the collection: “Present” and “Ananias Explains the Situation to Sapphira.”
- I had the privilege of teaching Bible Art Journaling as one of the breakout sessions of Mornings With Her on Wednesdays from January 21st to March 7th.
Class description as it appeared in the CLA Winter Magazine
- I am contributing editor for the Time of Singing, Winter 2017/18 edition (Volume 44, Number 3).