Here’s my news for 2007 (from newest to oldest). It was a great year!
– December 1, 2007: My poem “Canadian Rivers” won an Honorable Mention in the Canadian Landscape contest at Utmost Christian Writers – Canadian site.
– November 2007: I joined The Word Guild – an organization that networks and supports Christian writers across Canada.
– September 28 & 29, 2007: On Friday, September 28th, Family Reunion will be part of a book launch event. Saturday, the 29th I will be presenting two poetry workshops. Both of these events are in conjunction with the Inscribe Fall Conference in Edmonton, Alberta.
Photo: The cake with book cover decorations presented to Marcia Laycock and me at the Inscribe book launch event.
– July 10, 2007: I will again be part of the Blue Moon poetry Reading series as a member of the MSA Poets Potpourri Society (July 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Clearbrook Library – 32320 George Ferguson Way, Abbotsford, B.C.).
– June 13, 2007: Winner of two The Word Guild 2007 Awards in the “Children and Young Adult – Article” category and the “Review” category. The Winners were announced at an award gala on June 13 in Toronto.
– May 21, 2007: I will be reading from Family Reunion and talking to the Fraser Valley Christian Writers Group about using the internet for writing (7:15 p.m. Alliance Manor Lodge).
– May 2007: Pieces I wrote have been shortlisted in the categories of Personal Experience Article, Column Series and Poetry, 2007 The Word Guild 2007 Awards.
– April 2007: my poem “Converting to Childhood” won a merit award in the 2007 Utmost Christian Writers Poetry Contest.
– March 2007: The poem “Some Words” was chosen, by reader vote, to appear in the second annual ‘Best of’ books published by Infuze Magazine.
– March 2007: Two poems have been accepted by Mark Gilroy Communications Inc. for inclusion in book compilations. “Mrs. Beasley Packed Her Purse” will be in The Bad Hair Day. “A Christmas Poem” will be in A Christmas Wonderland.
February 2007: My second book of poems, Family Reunion is now out. Find out how to get a copy here.