- October 15, 2012 – Our MSA Poets Potpourri Society launched the book Picking Flowers – Poems by Thurlow Gowan with Tributes and Poems by Friends. I had the privilege of co-editing this anthology with Alvin Ens.
- September 20th – Coffeehouse reading at House of James. I joined three friends Alvin Ens, Brayden Sawatzky and Richard Toots to do a coffeehouse reading at the House of James. View a Facebook album of photos of the evening here.
House of James Reading Poster
- September 10th – Destiny’s Hands is officially launched. As the featured reader at the September Blue Moon reading (MSA Poets Potpourri Society) I read snippets from the book, talked a little bit about why I wrote it, and generally celebrated with friends and colleagues. Read more about the night here.
Launch of Destiny’s Hands
- July 23rd’s mail drop contained a big surprise. It brought a letter announcing my poem “sorting photos” won first prize in the Canadian Stories summer contest (plus a cheque for $325). Pinch me–is this really happening?!
- On two July Fridays (13th & 20th), Janet Sketchley posted a two-part interview with moi on her blog Tenacity. Thanks, Janet for your insightful questions giving me the opportunity to talk about my various writing projects and passions.
- Part 1
- Part 2
- On July 11th I got a letter from the editor of the literary poetry magazine Time of Singing with the joyous news that my poem “Sparrow” won Honorable Mention in the Time of Singing Summer Contest (on the theme of ‘Birds’). Whoohoo!!
- The books arrived, as scheduled on July 5th! It’s been so much fun signing, packaging, and sending the pre-orders that came in. The sale is now over, but I’d love to send you a signed copy at the regular price ($17.99 + shipping & handling). Contact me to set it up.
- Got word from my publisher on June 29th that Destiny’s Hands is on its way and should arrive by Thursday, July 5th. I’ve decided to do a little pre-order promotion. Order before Saturday, July 7th and the book is yours for $15.00 plus shipping and handling. Email me to set it up.
- May 28, 2012 – The editing process for my novel Destiny’s Hands is complete. The next step is printing. I should have this brainchild in my arms by early to mid-summer!
- April 25, 2012 – Pieces I wrote have been shortlisted in the Blog Series and Poetry categories of The Word Guild 2012 Writing Awards. Check out the entire list here (.doc download).
- March 13, 2012 – The substantial edit of my soon-to-be-published novel, Destiny’s Hands, is complete. It is now off my desk and waiting in queue for editing at Word Alive Press.
- The story of how my women’s group raised money to fund facial surgeries for women mutilated in the war in northern Uganda—”The Lavender Project“—was published in the March issue of testimony magazine.
- My husband and I spent a wonderful two weeks vacationing on Maui (January 10-25).