Most recent events at the top
On Saturday, December 12, 2015 I joined two other contributors to Hot Apple Cider With Cinnamon at the House of James in Abbotsford for the B.C. launch of the book.
- Hot Apple Cider With Cinnamon was published by Here’s Life! Communications. I have two pieces in this Canadian-authored anthology! Purchase on Amazon.ca
- I was privileged to be a contributor to a Christian writers how-to anthology Seven Essential Habits of Christian Writers. Purchase on Amazon.ca.
- Faith Today (July/August issue) published my review of Phil Callaway’s book Tricks My Dog Taught Me–About Life, Love, and God. Read it HERE.
- My poem “Deborah’s Song” won Honorable Mention in the Time of Singing summer contest and was published in the summer issue.
- On May 14th I got the good news that two poems I entered in The Ontario Poetry Society Clean as a Whistle contest (“The Custodian” and “Makeover”) were Editor’s Choice picks and will be included in the contest chapbook.
- The poems “Permission” and “Changing of the Guard” were published in the May/June edition of Testimony.
- My review of Visions and Appearances of Jesus (Phillip H. Wiebe, Leafwood, 2014) was published in the May / June issue of Faith Today. (See it here – p. 51)
- April 22nd we began running the six-week online Bible study “Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety” for the second time.
- On April 13th, I was the featured reader at our Fraser Valley Poets Society. I introduced and read from Borrowed Gardens, an anthology of personal poems by four Vancouver area women (Jeannine Bertoia, Del McNulty, Tracie Fisher and myself).
- I got the word that three poems of mine will be included in an upcoming anthology about writing published by Inscribe Christian Writers Fellowship.
- My third newsletter published right on time!
- February 2nd the first lesson of the online Bible study published. The course will run till March 9th.
- I began a Fraser Valley Poets Society Newsletter.
- Two poems of mine were accepted for The Tomato Anthology.
- The February issue of FellowScript arrived. My Line Upon Line column for this issue was “The Poem Sequence.”
- An article I wrote, “Staying Green,” appeared in the winter 2014/15 issue of Sage magazine.
- Two poems were accepted for an upcoming Hot Apple Cider anthology.
- I put the finishing touches on a six-week online Bible study course (“Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety”) that I’ve been asked to write and help facilitate for the women’s ministry of my church.