I have for about a decade now, begun the new year by choosing a life verse for the next 365 days. This year I’ve added a layer to that choice in that I have also chosen a word for the year—a theme, you might say.
My theme for 2013 is “FEARLESS” and my life verse is one that goes with it:
“Do not fear, for I am with you
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God,
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NASB.
It was fascinating for me to notice how, shortly after I chose “Fearless” I noticed it in many other places, for example:
- in the tagline of a friend’s website (“Leading Women in Fearless Faith”)
- in the final instructions of an ebook I downloaded from this site (“There is no room for fear of failure” – Battle-Tested Branding, Robert D. Smith, pp. 16,17).
- in the “do not be afraid”s in other places in the Bible (like Matthew 1:20; Luke 1:30; 2:10).
I am planning to do one better (eleven better, actually) and memorize a new anti-fear verse each month this year. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no better way to bring God’s Word to life in my life than by putting it in my head and heart through memorization.
– Do you have any suggestions for other ‘do not fear’ verses I could memorize?
– What life theme and verse would you choose for yourself for 2013?
3 thoughts on “Fearless 2013”
Thanks for the opportunity to sign up with Smith,
and for the links to fearless.
I’m working on a piece for Valentine’s Day called: What Love is this? No doubt it will soon appear on thevibrantchanneledcreator.wordpress.com.
I have a verse which has helped me through many tough days Violet and one which you might like to add to your list. 2Timothy 1:7 God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Thank you Laurel! Perfect. That will be my February verse.