When I write, I need quiet. But when I draw or paint, I welcome some audio company. Often I listen to playlists on Spotify (the streaming service we subscribe to)—classical or contemporary Christian music.
I have also subscribed and listen to some wonderful podcasts. Here are some of my favourites.
- Back to the Bible Canada with Dr. John Neufeld: a half hour of Bible teaching five days a week.
- Ukrainecast: A BBC podcast that started in the early days of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. It features fascinating first person accounts and on-the-scene reporting. Updated five days a week most weeks.
- The Van Maren Show: A podcast about pro-life issues, interviews of pro-life leaders, and what’s happening in the movement. Updated several times a week.
- The Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast: Carey N. interviews church, business, and thought leaders in this long-form podcast (1 hour+ per episode). Updated several times a week.
- The Faith Today Podcast: Faith Today editor Karen Stiller interviews Canadian Christians “as they sort through the pressing issues of the day…” (from the podcast description). Updated monthly.
- Today in Focus: Guardian (U.K.) journalists explore issues of the day (from a U.K. perspective). Updated about five times a week.
- Crime Beat: Long-time Canadian crime journalist Nancy Hixt tells the stories of some of Canada’s most high profile criminal cases (can be disturbing; probably not suitable for children). New episode every other week.
If any of these interest you, subscribe to them on any podcast listening platform (like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible etc. and never miss an episode; I use Spotify).
Do you listen to podcasts? Which do you recommend?